»

Monday 15 July 2013

37 Weeks

I'd taken my 37 week/full term bump pic and typed up most of this blog entry two weeks ago but didn't get around to finishing and posting it before my beautiful baby boy was born! This is the last photo of me with my little man still in my belly. He arrived the next morning!


How far along: 37 weeks
How big is baby: Size of a watermelon (48cm from head to toe)
Total weight gain/loss:  + 4.5kg (10lbs)
Stretch marks: Still none to report (moisturizing my belly, hips and tatas religiously every night)
Maternity clothes:  Still mixing stretchy pre-pregnancy clothes with a few maternity pieces
Wedding rings on/off: On
Linea nigra: I finally have a very faint line below my belly button! After 9 months of pregnancy, I find this oddly exciting haha.
Sleep: Broken thanks to Braxton Hick's contractions
Food cravings or aversions:  Nothing out of the ordinary
Gender: BOY!
Movement:  He's a lot less acrobatic than usual but has less room to play in these days
Belly button: Out... but only just when I'm standing, and in when I'm laying down
Exercise: Getting out of bed is quite a workout on its own
Diet: Still eating small meals and snacks throughout the day
What I'm loving:  Reaching full term! After suffering a miscarriage only a month before this pregnancy and then having a few scares along the way, it's such a relief and blessing to have made it this far.
What I'm not loving: Braxton Hick's contractions, lightning crotch, round ligament pain, back spasms, sore boobies, lack of sleep, the list goes on...
What I miss:  Everything below my belly. Can't see a thing!
Sickness and symptoms: Heartburn, reflux, muscle spasms, insomnia
Notes:  My OB will likely remove the cervical stitch some time later this week but just have to see what baby boy is doing and whether he's gained any more weight as he was measuring a little on the small side at our last ultrasound.


Weekly Guide to Pregnancy: Week 37

Weekly Guide to Pregnancy

Your Baby




How big is my baby?

Fetal size: 48cm total length
Fetal weight: 3kg (6.5lbs)

Your baby is now considered 'full term', even though your due date is still three weeks away. If you go into labour now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to adjust to life outside the womb and there will be little chance of complications as all other organs are fully developed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment