»

Monday 24 June 2013

36 Weeks

I can't believe I'm now officially 9 months pregnant! Only one more week of pelvic/bed rest 'til full term and surgery to remove the cervical stitch that's been keeping my bits together these past 9 months. James and I are so excited to be meeting our baby boy within the next month.


How far along: 36 weeks
How big is baby: Size of a honeydew melon (47cm from head to toe)
Total weight gain/loss:  I'm up 3.5kg (7.7lbs) from my pre-pregnancy weight and had a growth spurt this week! Hopefully that means baby boy did too.
Stretch marks: Still none to report (moisturizing my belly, hips and tatas religiously every night)
Maternity clothes:  Surprisingly I'm still able to wear some of my pre-pregnancy wardrobe. The pants I'm wearing in this week's bump pic are my size 8 skinny jeans (obviously with the button undone). I've really only worn one maternity skirt and pair of leggings - everything else has been pre-baby regular clothes that are super stretchy.
Wedding rings on/off: On
Linea nigra: Nope
Sleep: Not getting much thanks to regular Braxton Hicks contractions, an acrobatic baby and a bladder that always needs emptying
Food cravings or aversions:  I've had a thing for strawberries lately
Gender: BOY!
Movement:  Less than what I'm used to, which is a worry, but I think it's just due to him running out of room
Belly button: Out... but only just when I'm standing, and in when I'm laying down
Exercise:  Getting out of bed is quite a workout on its own
Diet: Still eating small meals and snacks throughout the day
What I'm loving: That we'll be meeting our little man in a matter of weeks
What I'm not loving: Braxton Hick's contractions, lightning crotch, round ligament pain, back spasms, sore boobies, lack of sleep, the list goes on...
What I miss:  The crazy acrobatic movements baby boy used to do on a daily basis. Now his movements are so subtle I barely feel them.
Sickness and symptoms: Heartburn, reflux, muscle spasms, insomnia
Notes:  I have my 36 week OB appointment on Wednesday and can't wait to see how big baby boy has grown since my last ultrasound. Sadly James is away working so won't be able to make it, but my parents are very excited that I've invited them along instead.

Weekly Guide to Pregnancy: Week 36

Weekly Guide to Pregnancy

Your Baby




How big is my baby?


Fetal size: 47cm total length
Fetal weight: 2.6kg (5.7lbs)


Your baby weighs about six pounds and will gain approximately half a pound per week from now until birth. The protective fat layer will make up about 15 percent of his weight at birth. Even though his gums have ridges that look a bit like teeth, the real ones won't make their appearance until about four or five months after he is born. His cheeks are developing fat. The cheek muscles are also developing, creating that lovely chubby appearance. There isn't much room for him to move around anymore, although you will still be feeling regular movements. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment