»

Tuesday 4 June 2013

33 Weeks & Baby Shower

I had such a beautiful day on Sunday celebrating with my family and friends. My baby shower was a high tea held in the morning at our house so I didn't have to venture too far from bed. There was a table filled with delicious desserts and savoury snacks, including macarons, cupcakes, caramel tartlets, apple slice, meringue kisses, chicken drumsticks, meatballs and assorted sandwiches. Yum! Of course I had to try everything, more than once, and enjoyed every mouthful. My guests had a great time playing games and it was especially funny watching them guess what was in the (chocolate smeared) diapers being passed around the table.

Our baby boy received so many presents and we ended up with a closet full of the cutest clothes, and some big items including a portacot from my parents and a carseat from James' mum and dad. There's not much more we need to buy and no items to return so all in all we're very lucky.

I really enjoyed my baby shower and as my cousin Linda did such a fabulous job hosting, it meant I got to sit down and relax the entire time. A big thankyou to everyone who made it and to those who weren't able to but still sent such beautiful gifts. We're so grateful to have you in our lives.



How far along: 33 weeks
How big is baby: Size of a pineapple (44cm from head to toe)
Total weight gain/loss: + 2.5kg (5.5lbs)
Stretch marks: I can't see any and I even had James check below my belly button because I can no longer see what's going on down there and still none to report (I'm moisturizing my belly, hips and tatas religiously every night)
Maternity clothes: I wore a regular women's size small Supre dress for my baby shower but the fabric was stretchy and it was gathered at the sides so I'm still able to mix and match between regular clothes and maternity
Wedding rings on/off: On
Linea nigra: Still no sign of it
Sleep: Rare!
Food cravings or aversions: I've been eating ham, cheese and tomato sandwiches a lot lately
Gender: BOY!
Movement: Always. Every hour, on the hour!
Belly button: Out... but only just when I'm standing, and in when I'm laying down
Exercise: Ah no sir!
Diet: I indulged big time at my baby shower but otherwise I stick to eating small snacks
What I'm loving: How fast time is flying. Baby boy will be here soon!
What I'm not loving: Braxton Hick's contractions, lightning crotch, round ligament pain, back spasms, sore boobies, lack of sleep, the list goes on...
What I miss: My husband. He works a few hours from home for 9 days straight and is only home for 5 before he's gone again. It's getting much more difficult being apart as the pregnancy progresses, especially as there are things I just can't do on my own.
Sickness and symptoms: Heartburn, reflux, muscle spasms, insomnia
Notes: This week I'll be washing all of baby boy's new clothes and packing the hospital bag. Once this has been done I think I'll feel a bit better about things. Not that I want or expect to go into labour anytime soon, but if it happens at least I'll be organised.

Weekly Guide to Pregnancy: Week 33

Week 33

Your Baby


How big is my baby?

Fetal size: 44cm total length
Fetal weight: 2kg (4.4lbs)

Even though his bones are hardening, the skull is still not solid and the skull bones are not fused together. This will allow for his head to reduce its diameter as it passes through your birth canal. His brain is developing more distinct functions and is capable of controlling breathing, digestive functions and body temperature. He can now tell the difference between day and night. Lungs are almost completely ready for breathing on their own and if your baby is born now, he would need only a little medical support.

0 comments:

Post a Comment