»

Monday 10 June 2013

34 Weeks

It's hard to believe how fast the time is flying. Our little man will be here in a matter of weeks! For so long it felt like I was wishing for the days to come and go quickly, but now I find myself wanting to freeze time. Still on strict pelvic and bed rest due to cervical shortening but it's all worth it for a healthy baby boy.


How far along: 34 weeks
How big is baby: Size of a rockmelon (45cm from head to toe)
Total weight gain/loss: + 2.5kg (5.5lbs)
Stretch marks: Still none to report (moisturizing my belly, hips and tatas religiously every night)
Maternity clothes:  Wearing stretchy pre-preg clothes mixed with a few maternity pieces
Wedding rings on/off: On
Linea nigra: Nope
Sleep: A couple hours, interrupted by the need to pee, another couple of hours, then woken by my active baby boy, and repeat, and so on and so forth.
Food cravings or aversions:  Nothing out of the ordinary
Gender: BOY!
Movement:  Not as obvious and often as they were but he has his moments. I'm getting used to his pattern of sleep and play time now.
Belly button: Out... but only just when I'm standing, and in when I'm laying down
Exercise:  I can hardly remember what this is, let alone find the energy to do it
Diet:  I eat when I'm hungry and until I've had enough but definitely smaller meals due to the onset of heartburn and reflux after eating
What I'm loving:  Next month we'll be meeting (or will already have met) our little man!
What I'm not loving: Braxton Hick's contractions, lightning crotch, round ligament pain, back spasms, sore boobies, lack of sleep, the list goes on...
What I miss:  Everything below my belly button lol
Sickness and symptoms: Heartburn, reflux, muscle spasms, insomnia
Notes:  I've washed and put away all of baby boy's clothes, toys and blankets, packed the hospital bag and written my birth plan (although how can you really plan for something that's completely out of your control?). With only a few weeks to go, James and I will be spending his next break putting the finishing touches on the nursery, installing the car seat and baby-proofing the house in preparation for our little man's arrival.

Weekly Guide to Pregnancy: Week 34

Week 34

Your Baby


How big is my baby?

Fetal size: 45cm total length
Fetal weight: 2.2kg (4.8lbs)

Your baby weighs about five pounds now. By this time most of the lanugo (body hair) is gone. His immune system is no longer relying on the antibodies from the placenta. This self-immunity is important to protect your little one at birth and for the rest of your baby's life. The vernix (thick white layer of protection present on your baby's skin) is disappearing; however a little bit of it will still be left at birth. The digestive system is fully working by itself. Moreover he is peeing up to a pint of urine a day into the amniotic fluid. Even though the placenta is capable of supporting your baby until birth, it will start to age this week.


1 comments:

Sarah

i am so excited for you mama! i wish we were australian neighbors :)

Post a Comment