»

Monday 17 June 2013

35 Weeks

It's hard to believe there are just 2 weeks 'til full term and only 5 weeks 'til our baby boy's due date! The time really is flying and the excitement, anticipation and anxiety is building. James and I can't wait to meet our little man and are literally counting down the days. 35. Yep that's it. 35 weeks pregnant and only 35 days (give or take) until we'll be a family of 3.


We had an appointment last week with our OB to check on my cervical length and were so relieved to find it hadn't shortened since my previous measurement a couple of weeks earlier. It's good to know that my strict pelvic and bed rest is paying off. We found out babe is weighing in at 4lbs 8oz (2.04kg) and is still head down so fingers crossed he continues to gain weight and maintain his current position until his due date.

Because his head is putting pressure on my cervix, I've been battling Braxton Hicks contractions, lightning crotch and round ligament pain a lot more lately but have been prescribed medication to help ease the uterine muscle spasms and hopefully prevent pre-term labor.

Here's our beautiful baby boy, hiding behind his hands as usual and tucked away behind the umbilical cord. I swear he only sleeps (or pretends to) when the doctor is watching and every other minute of the day is bouncing around like a jelly bean!


How far along: 35 weeks
How big is baby: Size of a bowling ball (46cm from head to toe)
Total weight gain/loss: + 2.5kg (5.5lbs)
Stretch marks: Still none to report (moisturizing my belly, hips and tatas religiously every night)
Maternity clothes: Wearing stretchy pre-preg clothes mixed with a few maternity pieces
Wedding rings on/off: On
Linea nigra: Nope
Sleep: Not getting much thanks to regular Braxton Hicks contractions, an acrobatic baby and a bladder that always needs emptying
Food cravings or aversions: Nothing out of the ordinary
Gender: BOY!
Movement:  He's always wriggling around in there. Sometimes I only feel a subtle change of position, other times he nearly knocks the wind outta me!
Belly button: Out... but only just when I'm standing, and in when I'm laying down
Exercise:  Getting through the day is exercise enough
Diet:  Still eating small meals and snacks throughout the day
What I'm loving:  That we'll be meeting our little man in a matter of weeks
What I'm not loving: Braxton Hick's contractions, lightning crotch, round ligament pain, back spasms, sore boobies, lack of sleep, the list goes on...
What I miss:  Sexy time! But only 2 weeks 'til pelvic rest is lifted... and hell yeah we're counting!
Sickness and symptoms: Heartburn, reflux, muscle spasms, insomnia
Notes:  After much hesitation and consideration, I decided to fill the prescription given to me by my OB to treat the regular Braxton Hicks contractions I've been having. The benefits far outweigh the minimal risks and this medication can help prevent pre-term labor so it's definitely worth taking.

Weekly Guide to Pregnancy: Week 35

Weekly Guide to Pregnancy

Your Baby




How big is my baby?

Fetal size: 46cm total length
Fetal weight: 2.3kg (5.2lbs)

Your baby will start with a period of rapid weight gain this week. From now until birth your baby will gain approximately one third of a pound per week.

Fat has continued to build up under your baby's skin, and is responsible for providing energy and regulating body temperature. These fat deposits have also changed the appearance of the skin, making it pinker (rather than red) and less wrinkled.

Fingernails are developed on the fingers, but may still be growing on the toes. Eyelids can be opened and closed and blinking is possible. The irises are also now light sensitive, and will dilate and contract depending on exposure to light.

0 comments:

Post a Comment